Dandruff is itchy, continual skin anarchy of the scalp. It may cause an overly dry scalp with itchy white flakes that may be greasy or dandruff may visible as an oily greasy scalp with scales.
Peeling of skin is a natural fact. It is very common that skin of scalp replenishes every month. The dandruff is produced by your scalp through previously formed dead cell. The existence of minor dandruff is usual. The problem occurs only when the development of dead cells in the form of flakes increases rapidly.
Dandruff is dubious to be the reason of hair loss. Many people feel guilty due to dandruff and consider that dandruff may cause problems such as social or self esteem.
Physical stress and emotional factors have effect in dandruff growth. Scalp condition can be improved through stress management. For most people, dandruff development increases in winter as compared to summer. Here are few home remedies to cure dandruff.
Natural Home Remedies For Dandruff:
- Sun exposure is good for dandruff; this is why dandruff increases in winter as compared to summer. Direct ultra violet rays have anti inflammatory effect on scaly skin conditions.
- Garlic or oregano oil capsules intake is a good remedy for dandruff.
- Hot steam bath is beneficial for dandruff.
- Make an oil at home to treat dandruff. Immerse lemon peel in coconut oil for 8-10 days in sunshine. Then strain it and use an hour before shampoo to get dandruff free hair.
- Mix ginger and beetroot juices together and apply on scalp to get rid of dandruff.
- Make a mixture of olive oil and almond oil. Use it to massage your scalp for 5 mins after you feel burning sensation. Shampoo your hair properly. Do this once a week to get dandruff free hair.
- Take 300 gm of coconut oil and 3gm of black pepper. Warm them together. When it starts boiling, remove from flame. Strain the mixture and store it in a bottle. Massage your scalp with this oil mixture in night to get rid of dandruff.
- Cider vinegar or a teaspoon of fresh lime added to the final rinse after shampooing is a useful remedy for dandruff.
- Make a paste of henna and mashed beetroot leaves. Use it to get rid of dandruff and hair fall. This is an effective natural treatment for dandruff.
- Massage your hair with yogurt water (left open for 2-3 days) to treat dandruff.